Everyone is always excited when planning a holiday in a special place like Bali. Bali is a world-class tourist destination that offers fantastic beaches, lush green scenery, unique cultural events, plenty of shopping centers, glamorous nightlife and more. If you have never been to Bali, it is a good idea to spend your holiday there with your friends or your loved ones.
Although the paradise island is a world-class holiday destination, it does not mean you have to spend tons of cash when you are there. You can easily enjoy your stay with minimal budget if you know how to. Here are some useful tips that you can try:
- Gather as much information as you can about Bali. You can find anything you need about this island on the internet, such as popular tourist attractions, accommodations, car rentals, and so on. Decide where you want to go early on. If you love the beach, then you probably should stay in Kuta, Sanur or Jimbaran. If you want a more tranquil atmosphere, go to Tabanan or Ubud. By learning more about your destination, you can estimate the amount of money that you are going to need.
- Traveling with friends is the best way to save on holiday expenses. You can share a hotel room with a friend so that you can split the rent in half. If you are traveling in a group, you can consider renting a private villa. There are plenty of budget villas scattered all over Bali, but make sure you book well ahead of time because they are very popular.
- You can always get food with reasonable price in Bali. You can easily find restaurants that serve either local cuisine or international cuisine, especially in the more touristy places like Kuta or Jimbaran. If you are lucky, you can find restaurants that offer special deals. If you are feeling more adventurous, you can ask around and find warungs (small shops) that sell Balinese or Indonesian foods. Usually these shops cater to locals and not tourists, so they are much cheaper.
- Bali does not only have beautiful beaches, but it also has plenty of interesting traditional markets. Like the Sanur art market, for example. There are many traditional handicrafts made by local artists such as Balinese sarongs and woodcarvings sold in the market. You can purchase these handicrafts for your friends or family at home. When shopping at a traditional market, make sure that you bargain the price down, because sellers usually ask high prices.
- To get around the island, you can easily rent a car but it would be more economic if you use public transportation. Bali is really safe and you can go anywhere on the island with the cheap public transportation. You can easily navigate your way around the island using bemos (minivans) or buses and experience what it is like to travel like a local.
Holiday in Bali does not have to be expensive if you know the tricks. The above tips are just some that you need to know, you can also browse the internet for more travel tips from fellow budget travelers.